SaniTap is a handwashing system that has a unique spout design that minimizes water use and avoids re-contamination. The device can conveniently be hung by a nail or from a stick and delivers 3 litres of water over 10 minutes – that’s enough for a family of 5 to wash their hands 3 times a day.
To avoid re-contamination of washed hands, the SaniTap unique spout design easily pulls down with just two fingers and can be closed by a gentle upwards tap with the back of the hand. The net keeps the bar of soap conveniently near the flow of water and prevents the bar from falling on the ground or getting lost.
It can also be used in any situation where access to clean water for hand sanitation is not available.
- Rural Communities.
- Soap Holder – The SaniTap has a special soap net that conveniently hangs next to the flow of water. This avoids soap getting soiled or lost: important because handwashing without soap is not effective.
- A Special Spout – which can easily be opened even by young children. The patent-pending spout is closed by a simple upward tap of the back of the hand. This avoids ‘second touch’ contamination of now clean fingers.
- Larger Volume – The Sanitap holds 3 litres of water, making it even more convenient to wash hands whilst retaining the water-saving feature. The volume is more than enough for a family of 5 to wash their hands at least 3 times per day.
- UV Resistance – The plastic laminate film used for the SaniTap is UV resistant – ensuring a long life even under tropical conditions. For optimum life, it is recommended to avoid exposure to full sunlight, as with any plastic.
- Easy Filling From The Top – The SaniTap bag has a wide closeable inlet at the top, making it very easy to fill with water. This avoids the spout from getting lost as the previous version required this to be unscrewed before filling.
- Easy Carry Handle – The bag incorporates a sturdy handle, making it easy to transport (e.g. for filling with water from a public water point).